Our Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship combines hands-on workshop training and studies with block release at the DAF Apprentice College in Bristol.
You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most modern, sophisticated trucks on the road with access to the latest systems and technology enabling you to gain the skills, knowledge and experience needed to enter the automotive industry.
Providing you with practical, on-the-job training, and classroom-based instruction, the DAF Apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage whilst gaining industry-leading qualifications.
Do you have what it takes?
As a Heavy Vehicle Service Technician:
- YOU will be part of a highly-skilled workforce committed to providing top quality service, keeping DAF market leader year after year.
- YOU will be responsible for diagnosing and rectifying complex mechanical and electrical systems.
- YOU will be testing vehicles and performing a major overhaul on large components and investigating a variety of cutting-edge electrical systems.
- YOU will be performing routine maintenance and repairs to DAF’s high standards.
- YOU will be equipped with access to the latest systems and advanced DAF technology.
- YOU will be part of a team, working alongside highly skilled qualified Technicians.
- YOU will provide expert advice and support to both customers and your dealership colleagues.
- YOU will be a brand ambassador for DAF.
YOU ARE THE FUTURE
Are you ready?
What do you need to join?
GCSE grades 4-9, (A-C or equivalent in English and Maths).
What qualifications will you get?
At the end of your programme, you will achieve an Apprenticeship Completion Certificate, qualifications in English and Maths and a great start to an exciting career in the motor industry.
What can you expect?
You will be employed at a DAF dealership and attend block release at the DAF Apprentice College in Bristol.
Level 3 - Advanced Apprenticeship 36 months.
As a full-time employee, you will be paid a wage whilst gaining industry-leading qualifications.
On completion of your Apprenticeship, you will be encouraged to further develop your skill and knowledge base by progressing through our industry-leading manufacturer operated training programmes.