The DAF National Dealer Apprenticeship Programme is designed to help you to recruit and train today the Technicians you will need for tomorrow. The Programme is designed to help you benefit from:
- Cost effective recruitment
- A well trained and motivated workforce
- Relevant DAF specific training
- Improved company performance
- Help with the costs of training
- Meeting dealer standards
Apprenticeships are a proven way of training young people to develop the skills you need. Its also a great way of showing your entire workforce you are committed to staff development.
What is a DAF Advanced Apprenticeship?
The DAF Apprenticeship Programme is designed to meet the specific needs of the dealerships in the DAF network. All DAF Apprentices follow an Advanced Apprenticeship Framework. In our network this is a progressive syllabus and each stage taking between 12 and 24 months with an expected completion for the full framework of 36 months.
- VCQ Level 2 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Functional/Essential/Core Skills Level 2
- VRQ Level 2 Technical Certificate
- VCQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- VRQ Level 3 Technical Certificate
- Introductory Welding Course
An Apprenticeship at Level 2 is equivalent to five GCSE or equivalent passes at A to C and an Advanced Apprenticeship is equivalent to two A Levels. In addition during the course of their studies a DAF Advanced Apprentice will cover the following DAF specific courses:
- Technical Introduction to the DAF Product
- Safety & Maintenance Inspections
- DAVIE Diagnostics
- Basic Electrical Systems
- Basic Braking Systems